Open the Miami Tax Guide on your Phone or update your browser

We've noticed you're currently using an old version of Internet Explorer. We are working to make the Miami Tax Guide compatible with old browsers. In the meantime, please open this site on your phone or consider updating your browser.


You can file now if you haven't filed yet

The stimulus money is available for all Americans and legal residents.

Payments will only be sent to people who have filed taxes in 2018 or 2019, so you should think about filing now to claim your stimulus money.

You do not need to file taxes if you receive Social Security or one of the other benefits below.

You can file for 2018 or 2019

You will receive a stimulus check from the government if you file your taxes for 2018, 2019, or both years.

We recommend filing as soon as possible because we don't know exactly when the stimulus money will be sent.

You don't need to file a return to get the stimulus money if you aren't required to file taxes.

If you receive one of these four benefits your payment will be sent to the address they have for you:

  • Social Security
  • Railroad Retirement
  • Social Security Disability Insurance
  • Supplemental Security Income

If you don't receive any of the 4 benefits listed above and aren't required to file taxes, you should give the IRS your address or bank info. For example, some low-wage workers, veterans, and individuals with disabilities do not have to file taxes.

  • To see if you're required to file, you can use this IRS tool.
  • To provide your address or bank direct deposit information to get the stimulus payment, you can provide it to the IRS here.

You'll receive the stimulus money even if you owe the IRS money.

If your tax refund would normally be snatched to pay a tax debt, that will not happen with your stimulus money.

Common questions people have about Coronavirus, money, and the government

Ready to move on to the next step? Click below

Want HELP?

Text or call us at (786) 460-1424 to speak to a tax expert. No strings attached. We can even help you file your taxes for free.